Monday, February 9, 2009

Damion's Birthday




My baby boy turned 7 today. I was going to say that it just seemed like yesterday when he was truly a baby boy, but it doesn't seem like it was that recent. I was looking through some older pictures and found some of Damion when I first had Heather. He was only 18 months old when I had her, not even as old as Connor is now. And I was like "Wow! That was forever ago!" He always did seem older than he was. He still does. He is so smart it blows me away! And he is so mature that I forget how young he really is. He is my sanity saver when it comes to the little ones. He is always (well almost) willing to help out with his younger brother and sisters. Shayla loves him! She is very picky about who she will let hold her, but Dami is on that list! I think he even out ranks her daddy! For his birthday he wanted Legos, Converse High Tops, Resident Evil 3, and turtles. Well we were able to accomidate him on 3 out of 4 lol! He also got some clothes which he loved! Darrel ate lunch with him at school. D said that Dami seemed embarresed lol! I took some treats over later in that day for him to share with his class. For dinner we went over to Nana Rushton's house (Kyle-nana's) she made homemade pizza and bought a HMS pinata. We opened presents and ate Dami's cupcake cake! It was fun! It was so hard to explain to Dami that he couldn't put all his Lego Star Wars ships together tonight, that he had to go to bed and it would have to wait until after school tomorrow. I feel bad cause I would hate that if I got all those neat presents and then couldn't play with them until the next day! Well anywho hear are a few of the pics from the party - hope you enjoy!




making mini pizzas

Damion steps up to bat

Kyle swinging for a home run

Heather takes a swing
Connor gives it a try
Gathering the loot
Blowing out the candles

1 comment:

Alice said...

What a big boy. He is truly a blessing in you life. It looks like he had a wondeful party. Tell him hi from us. We should get together.